Our friend Leah from ISU Extension and Outreach sent us this cool STEM activity for you all at home.
Here’s what you’ll need for this science experiment:
(Makes one jar)
- ½ cup of blue dishwashing liquid
- ½ cup of olive or vegetable oil
- ½ cup of rubbing alcohol
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- Red, green, and blue food coloring
- 5 bowls for mixing
- 5 spoons
- Measuring cups
- Paper towel or dish rag (for spills) OPTIONAL ADD-ON:
- Sauce bottles to help distribute liquids
Download the Lesson (PDF) to learn more.